Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A real Olympic sport?

I like volleyball. I played for three years in high school and was even on a league championship team.
Regular old volleyball has been an Olympic sport for many years. Even though NBC will stuff it into the middle of the night somewhere on some three-lettered network (maybe five?) it owns, it will be worth recording some of the play.
But I cannot get that enthused about watching beach volleyball, which was introduced to the Olympics when the Games were in Atlanta.
I've played beach volleyball. It's tougher than regular volleyball.
But in comparison to other sports at the Olympics, beach volleyball belongs on the sidelines together with ball room dancing – another suggestion that has yet to see the light of day.

1 comment:

Kevin Denke said...

Beach volleyball will never stand in the way of synchronized swimming for me!