Monday, December 29, 2008

Trip in time

Sportsland is back in action despite a bit of rain and way too much mince pie. I hope your Christmas was everything you hoped for ... and perhaps a little less on the mince pie (but Mom's mince pie is something else!!).
Instead of rehashing the carnage from the Broncos game last night (can someone say "Time for a new coach?"), I wish to show my age (again). I watched an old game show while I was gone ... "What's My Line?" The game was simple to follow. A panel of four well-known celebrities tried to guess a hobby, job, passion of a guest or series of guests.
What made this half-hour a change from today's alleged game shows was the demeanor of the people involved. No one was interested in making fun of the guests, the hosts, one another. The humor was real, not forced.
It'd be nice to see that in 2009. But it, like the Broncos guaranteed playoff run in 2008, will have to wait a while.

3 comments:

Kevin Denke said...

The Gong Show didn't make fun of people?

Steve Smith said...

That was the start of the "Who can be the biggest moron?" craze, yes.

Anonymous said...

the password is "no defense"